BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

8-bit Star Wars

Hello Gamers!

Today's game of the day is the Star Wars video game released in July 1983 originally for Arcade's and then ported to the Atari 2600 the same year and was an extra on Star Wars Rouge Squadron III on the Nintendo Gamecube.




What is it about this game that I love so much? It's probably the first Star Wars game to put you in the cockpit of an X-Wing and help the rebels blow up the Death Star just like in the movie. Innovative for it's time the game included sound clips from the movie including voice clips from the movie. Even though they sounded robotic hearing the voices just added the fantasy that you were actually flying in space like in the movie. Even though it a great experience I have to say the graphics are a little too blocky for me and make the game too much like a experience I should be experiencing while watching the movie Tron. In general even though I love how retro of the game I consider to earn  8 Tie Fighters of 10. 


0 comments: